The ArborGuy tree guying system has many advantages over traditional staking and is suitable for large root-balled trees. Discreet and effective, this underground guying system holds the root ball in position by driving three tree guying anchors into the base of the tree pit and then fastening a ratchet strap. These ‘drive-in’ anchor systems allow natural trunk movement for the tree, helping the formation of a strong trunk structure.
The ArborGuy ‘deadman’ tree guying system is ideal where there is a risk of underground utilities in the immediate vicinity of the tree pit. As shown in the diagram, deadman anchors (heavy timber or metal base plate) are placed in the base of the tree pit in a triangle shape to secure the wires to. For each of the three cables, loop the D ring end of each cable through the wire loop on the opposite end to create a slip knot noose. This noose is then positioned over the end of each of the three deadman anchors and tensioned up in the center. Once this has been done in the center of each of the deadmen (three times), the nylon webbing passes through the small loop on the end of each cable and is ratcheted up tight over the top of the root ball.
- Suitable for trees in both urban hardscape and parkland softscape environments.
- A safer, more effective, and more aesthetically pleasing alternative to tree staking.
- Large range of specialized installation tools available.
- Tree guying straps will not cut the root ball – no mats or timber required.
- Guy anchors are available in both composite and metal options.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.